After a clerical error gets him rejected from Stanford University, high school student Shaun has 24 hours to convince the dean to give him another chance. Desperate, he enlists the help of his slacker brother, Lance.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Jake Kasdan
- This movie is
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; filmmakers' commentary; promo spots; trailer.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that despite the PG-13 rating there's a lot of material they may consider inappropriate. Abuse of alcohol and drugs is portrayed as normal and funny. While on drugs, a character drives dangerously, has casual sex, and sets a building on fire, also intended to be comic. Some kissing, including a same-sex kiss. A character is accidentally given drugs. Another pretends to be asleep so he can watch a couple have sex. Horrendous parenting by main character Shaun's parents is played for laughs. One character blackmails a friend by threatening to expose her slutty behavior.
- Sexual Content
- Sexual situations, kissing, voyeurism.
- Comic peril and injury (including death in a surfing accident). One character accidentally burns down a building. Things fall on the head of a sick man.
- Strong language for PG-13, including one "f--k."
- Social Behavior
- Implicit message to work hard toward your goal rather than resort to crazy schemes to get your way.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drug and alcohol humor throughout the movie.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it