Our Brand Is Crisis
After leaving the bruising world of Washington, D.C. politics, expert campaign consultant Jane Bodine finds herself lured back into the fray when she agrees to help a reviled Bolivian president hang on to his job in the next election.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- David Gordon Green
- This movie is
- DVD and Blu-ray
RRestricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
Our Brand Is CrisisClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Our Brand Is Crisis stars Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton in a behind-the-scenes look at how political campaigns are conducted -- a cutthroat, cynical, play-dirty, intense affair that might be too heavy for younger viewers. Expect swearing ("f--k," "s--t" and more), as well as some sexual references (including to masturbation), trash-talking, yelling, and scenes showing police clashing with protestors. Characters, including some supposedly on the wagon, drink, sometimes to excess, and smoke.
- Sexual Content
- References to masturbation. Gossip about who's sleeping with whom.
- A mass protest takes a turn for the worse, with cops firing tear gas into crowds, further inflaming them. Also insult-hurling and screaming within a campaign. A political consultant plays mind games with a competitor, sometimes resorting to trash talk and diabolical machinations.
- Language includes "f--k," "s--t," "a--hole," "damn," "hell," and more.
- Social Behavior
- Lots of cynicism here, but also: If you're seeking truth and purpose in your field of work, you can still find meaning. And it's important to be clear-eyed about the people you elect to office.
- Amazon is mentioned.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Loads of smoking and drinking, including by someone who's supposedly been sober for years. One character offers others coca.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it