Pelé: Birth of a Legend
Growing up in Brazil with little money, Edson Arantes do Nascimento -- later known as Pelé -- had a passion for soccer. Blessed with ample talent, at age 17 he led the nation's team to its first World Cup win, recounted in this rags-to-riches biopic.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
PGParental guidance suggested. Some material may not be suitable for children.
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
Behind the Scenes, Making Of Trailer
Pelé: Birth of a LegendClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Pele: Birth of a Legend focuses on the childhood and early career of the famed Brazilian soccer star, who's often called the greatest of all time. Shot entirely in Pele's homeland, the movie is an American-produced biopic that explains how he brought his country's unique playing style to the world stage. It's a rags-to-riches story with lots of on-the-field action that will be fun for tween soccer fans and up (even if the story isn't that surprising). There's a little bit of language (along the lines of "damn") and smoking, as well as some bullying and a tragic accident that impacts the main character. But there's also plenty of wholesome athletic joy.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable
- A young boy dies in a freak accident, emotionally scarring the main character. Pele also faces taunting and bullying growing up but eventually learns to overcome them.
- Infrequent use of words such as "damn."
- Social Behavior
- Be true to yourself, even if people in authority are trying to steer you in another direction. Hard work pays off.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it