Penguins of Madagascar: Operation Blowhole
Skipper and the other penguins join forces to battle Dr. Blowhole and his evil plots in these three episodes of the Emmy-winning series. First, Dr. Blowhole kidnaps Skipper's best buddy; then, he uses his Diabologizer to turn the penguins evil.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Penguins of Madagascar: Operation BlowholeClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that if your kids are already fans of these scheming penguins and the rest of the Madagascar gang, they're sure to want to tune in to see what this latest adventure brings. Overall the special is age-appropriate for kids, although there's some cartoon violence (laser guns damage buildings, animals slap each other) and short-lived peril surrounding a favorite character's well-being. And many surprises pop out on screen, which might make littler kids a little jumpy. Aside from that, though, the show's wacky characters are a real crowd pleaser, and there's enough humor targeted toward adults that parents will enjoy it, too.
- Sexual Content
- In dance numbers, some of the characters shake their "booty," but there's nothing overtly sexual.
- Laser guns slice through buildings and come perilously close to the characters. Animals slap each other and slip and fall; a missile pursues a penguin but never hits its mark.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Teamwork and relying on friends' help are strong themes, as Skipper learns that he's more likely to succeed when he's got a crew watching his back. The villain's evil plans eventually prove to be his undoing. In one scene, a boy mentions that he'll put an embarrassing photo of his teacher on the Internet. Good and evil are clearly defined.
- The penguins are part of an extensive merchandise line inspired by the Madagascar movies.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it