Pieces of April
Reformed wild child April Burns attempts to make Thanksgiving dinner -- while battling a temperamental oven -- for her estranged suburban family at her grungy New York apartment and anticipates introducing them to her new boyfriend, Bobby.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Peter Hedges
PG-13Language, sensuality, drug content and images of nudity
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1, Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary; making-of featurette; trailer.
Pieces of AprilClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has some strong language, some off-screen violence, medicinal marijuana and some brief but graphic nudity. Emotionally, this could be tough since it involves troubled parent/child relationships and the finality of death.
- Sexual Content
- Unmarried couple co-habitate, some brief graphic images of nudity.
- Off-screen violent encounter.
- Some strong language.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Reference to drug dealer, social drinking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it