Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie
Three busboys finally get their chance to be the stars of a dinner theater's swashbuckling pirate show when they're sent back in time to fight real pirates! The trio faces many challenges as they try to return to the present day in one piece.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Mike Nawrocki
- DVD and streaming
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English SDHClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; alternate ending; behind-the-scenes featurettes; interactive games; family activities.
Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales MovieClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this animated film -- part of a large, Christian-themed film-and-TV franchise -- has a light touch when it comes to sending its feel-good message (which, this time around, is that anyone can be a hero; all it takes is to do what you know is right). Some situations, as when a pirate captures a young man, sound perilous, but they're not that scary. There's no swearing, violence, or sexual innuendo, but several specific products are mentioned by name -- noticeably more than in other VeggieTales titles.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- A cartoon pirate who thirsts for fame and power brandishes a sword near a character's head. He also abducts a prince. Some bickering.
- No swearing, though the word "loser" is used a few times.
- Social Behavior
- Three unassuming busboys prove they're heroes when they go back in time and save a prince from a vengeful pirate, who gets his comeuppance. In the end, nearly everyone comes around and learns a good lesson: Do the right thing and be a hero, no matter whether you think you have the makings of one.
- VeggieTales is a thriving franchise with toys, DVDs, merchandise, etc.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- One character has a strong penchant for "cheese curls" (i.e. cheese puffs).
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it