Pokémon the Movie: Black: Victini and Reshiram
When misguided wanderer Damon nabs the mythical Pokemon Victini to harness his power, Ash attempts to rescue Victini and save Eindoak Town. But first, Ash must pass a test that will earn him the help of the legendary Pokemon Reshiram.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Kunihiko Yuyama
- This movie is
NRGeneral Audience. Most parents would find this program suitable for all ages.
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Pokémon the Movie: Black: Victini and ReshiramClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Pokemon the Movie: Black - Victini and Reshiram is one of two Pokemon movies sometimes packaged together, which tell almost the exact same story (the other is White - Victini and Zekrom). The difference shows how alternate paths can lead to the same conclusion. This movie is less violent and complex than other Pokemon entries, with less about fighting and collecting, and more focus on helping others. But there are still some Pokemon battles and some brief attacks, and the main character -- an adorable Pokemon called Victini -- is trapped and shown to be in pain for a section of the climax. Beautifully animated and with a gentle touch, this is a top entry in the feature-length Pokemon movies
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Less violent than many other Pokemon movies, this one still has battles between the little creatures, and two larger "dragon" types have a brief fight. A cute, heroic Pokemon (Victini) is trapped and hurt for a long section toward the climax. Ash is likewise trapped and hurt while trying to protect his friend. In a flashback, a beloved king dies (he closes his eyes, and his hand drops to his side).
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Not having the full story can get in the way of making the right decisions.
- Part of the Pokemon franchise, which is all about collecting more and more Pokemon (cards, figures, toys, games, etc.).
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it