As a devoted daughter comes to terms with the death of her father -- a brilliant mathematician whose genius was crippled by mental instability -- she's forced to face her own dark fears. But she has help from one of her father's former students.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- John Madden
- DVD and Blu-ray
- 2006 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
PG-13Some sexual content, language and drug references
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; director's commentary; making-of featurette.
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS-HD Master AudioOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that the movie includes discussion of suicide and insanity. With the focus on conflicts within a family -- between father and daughter, and between two sisters -- the film includes several tense scenes, arguments, and tearful recriminations. It also features some cursing, a brief and gently rendered love scene, and references to drugs (medical treatments as well as illicit drugs). Characters smoke and drink.
- Sexual Content
- Some conversation about sex, a brief, sweetly imaged sex scene.
- Discussion of suicide.
- Some cursing, including f-word.
- Social Behavior
- Characters wrestle with difficult issues (how to determine insanity and sanity), but all mean well.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some drinking and smoking (at a post-funeral party attended by academics), some discussion of drugs (prescribed and illicit).
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it