Rambo: First Blood Part II
Rambo, freed from prison to help the government find proof of P.O.W.s still being held in Vietnam, turns the recon job into a rescue mission. The jungle becomes a bloodbath as the vengeful veteran takes down anyone who gets in his way.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- George P. Cosmatos
- This movie is
- DVD and Blu-ray
RRestricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; director's commentary.
English, AcoliClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary; documentary featurette; trivia track.
Rambo: First Blood Part IIClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that there is abundant violence and killings using guns, knives, and arrows, plus grueling scenes of torture. Swearing is milder than in First Blood, but it's there, as are slight details of prostitution. Kids who don't know much about Vietnam War history probably won't be enlightened here; all that's said is "we weren't allowed to win" as Rambo burns down Indo-Chinese villages and troop convoys.
- Sexual Content
- Vietnamese prostitute is a distraction in the enemy camp, and there's a towel-clad girl on a pirate ship, but nothing explicitly shown.
- Blood-spattered shooting. Characters pierced with arrows and blown up with bombs, torched with fire. A character tortured with electrocution, beating, hot metal, threatened eye gouging. Villages and war machines exploded. A U.S. military office sprayed with machine-gun ammo.
- "Bastard" and the f-word once, spoken by Rambo.
- Social Behavior
- Rambo mainly kills hostiles, rather than defenseless non-combatants face to face, though he doesn't seem to mind strafing an entire village. While there are "good" Vietnamese shown (mainly Rambo's love-interest), most are enemy slave drivers or pirates. Russians are torturing sadists. Elements of the U.S. military portrayed as untrustworthy worms.
- Coca-cola machine is prominent.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Cigarette smoking (especially by bad guys), social drinking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it