In this irreverent romantic comedy, a small circle of Gen-X friends suffering from post-collegiate blues must confront the hard truth about life, love and the pursuit of gainful employment as they struggle to map out their futures.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Ben Stiller
- This movie is
PG-13Parents strongly cautioned. Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Universal -- who put a slight, charming comedy like this in its original widescreen and only in widescreen -- continue to set the example in DVD. There's English and French sound in Dolby Digital 2.0, English and Spanish subtitles and the info-riffic triumvirate of production notes, cast and crew info and the original trailer.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this film features 20-something recent college graduates who drink, smoke, and sleep around. There are few consequences for their behavior, save for a very mild subplot in which one of the characters takes an AIDS test (she tests negative). However, the characters generally mean well, and parents who don't object to depictions of sex and drug/alcohol use may find their behavior towards each other acceptable.
- Sexual Content
- Characters are shown engaging in casual sex with multiple partners. One character has an HIV scare.
- Not applicable
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- The characters generally mean well, but they take everything from sex to drug use very casually.
- Characters explicitly discuss the merits of the Big Gulp. Dominos is mentioned and is featured in the narrative as is Evian.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Characters are shown smoking cigarettes and marijuana and drinking beer and other alcohol.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it