In 2050, scientists are preparing to colonize Mars, but when their efforts at altering the planet go awry, a manned rescue mission is launched. The mission's astronauts and scientists, however, soon encounter a deadly predicament of their own.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Antony Hoffman
PG-13Parents strongly cautioned. Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
French, EnglishClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; region 1 encoding; interactive menus; scene access; film highlights; deleted scenes; theatrical trailer
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that young teens will enjoy this by-the-book space mission thriller, but there are perilous situations and some mature content, so we recommend it for only the most mature in this group. Parents should be aware of some strong language, brief female nudity, and sci-fi violence.
- Sexual Content
- Brief partial nudity when the female commander gets out of the shower.
- One astronaut hits another, causing him to fall off a cliff. AMEE the robot, in military mode, fights with the astronauts, killing one and injuring another. Sensitive viewers will squirm when roachlike bugs swarm over astronauts' bodies and break through
- Infrequent mild to moderate profanity and one extreme expletive near the end.
- Social Behavior
- Not applicable
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- The astronauts use the ship's lab to distill vodka.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it