Rise: Blood Hunter
Reporter Sadie Blake awakens to find herself in a morgue, transformed into a member of the undead by a vampire cult. With help from a cop who lost his daughter to the same sect, Sadie embarks on a quest for revenge against those who took her life.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Sebastian Gutierrez
- This movie is
URStrong horror violence and gore, sexuality, nudity, language, and brief drug use
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; several featurettes.
Rise: Blood HunterClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this vampire movie is extremely violent and gory. It's packed with bloody scenes and brutal murders (courtesy of guns, stakes, a crossbow, and more). Both men and women are depicted as deranged savages who will stop at nothing to satisfy their bloodlust, and naked, vulnerable females are treated as sex objects and victims in scene after scene (breasts are frequently visible). Language includes "f--k" and "s--t," and there's some drinking and smoking. But, really, the main concern here is the nonstop violence, from vampire blood-sucking to a severed head in a trash bag.
- Sexual Content
- Partial female nudity throughout, with breasts fully visible in many scenes. Hanging nude bodies (male and female) serve as background in several scenes. All sexual behavior leads to vampire bloodlust and, usually, death.
- Extreme violence, bloodletting, gore, stabbings. An early scene shows a naked female alive, hanging by her feet and screaming for mercy. Frequent vampire blood-sucking; bodies hanging from meat hooks; killing and maiming with guns, crossbow, stakes; severed head in trash bag.
- Frequent strong swearing, including "f--k" and "s--t."
- Social Behavior
- The main character is depicted as a good person forced to perform murderous acts to survive. She sacrifices her moral code to destroy the evil around her. Women are portrayed as victims of sexual predators and torturers and become sexual predators themselves. Many characters have succumbed to bloodlust and relish the mayhem. One of the vampires is disabled and meets a savage end.
- Not applicable.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking in bar scenes; visible evidence that a grieving policeman is an alcoholic; some smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it