Low-level mobster Joey Gazelle is tasked with disposing of a gun used to kill cops during a drug bust. But when it's stolen by his son's friend and used in another high-profile crime, Joey must find the gun quickly -- or pay the ultimate price.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Wayne Kramer
- DVD, Blu-ray and streaming
RPervasive strong brutal violence and language, sexuality and drug content
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: DTS 6.1 Surround Sound, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; director's commentary; making-of featurette.
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie is absolutely not for kids. It's determinedly violent and disturbing. Characters include gangsters, drug dealers, junkies, an abusive stepfather, a prostitute and pimp, and a couple who kidnap children to film in pornographic situations: all are explicitly indicated, if not shown on screen; one scene has characters in a strip bar, where a dancer appears in a brief full frontal nudity shot. Murders and abuses are committed with a variety of weapons, including guns, knives, and hockey pucks; characters appear in various states of undress; language is excessive (over 300 uses of "f--k").
- Sexual Content
- A full frontal shot of a female dancer in a strip bar; discussions of prostitution and intercourse; women in tight outfits, including an elaborately made-up prostitute who fights with her pimp on the sidewalk; a well-heeled couple kidnap children to film them in sexual situations (this is not explicit but clearly and disturbingly implied).
- Pretty much nonstop: shootings (at film's start, a gang of drug dealers fights corrupt cops, with blood, guns, skewed angles, and fast-cuts; a child shoots his abusive stepfather); knifings; fist fights; an assault with a welding torch; a prolonged assault on our hero with hockey pucks, leaving his face smashed and bloodied; and an explosion set by a house's inhabitant in order to commit suicide.
- Some 300 f-words, plus slang for genitals and multiple uses of "ass," "hell" and s-word.
- Social Behavior
- Gangsters and drug dealers cheat each other; cops are corrupt; a whitebread couple maintains a kiddie porn studio and kidnapped children in their apartment.
- Not applicable.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Characters are obvious drug addicts (shaking and sweating), drink liquor, smoke cigarettes and cigars.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it