When Mary, a devout senior at a Christian high school, accidentally gets pregnant, she starts to see her peers and her faith in a whole new way in this darkly comic coming-of-age story that was produced by R.E.M. front man Michael Stipe.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Brian Dannelly
- This movie is
PG-13Strong thematic issues involving teens - sexual content, pregnancy, smoking and language
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has very mature material for a PG-13, including extremely strong language and explicit sexual references and situations, including adultery, teen sex, and homosexuality. Characters smoke (smoking is portrayed as an indicator of being cool and rebellious) and drink. Characters shoot guns at a target range and there is some mild violence (no one hurt). Strengths of the movie include the positive portrayal of disabled and gay characters and the ultimate conclusion about the importance of seeking the real meaning of the Bible's teachings.
- Sexual Content
- Strong sexual references and situations for a PG-13, including teen pregnancy.
- Comic violence.
- Some strong language for a PG-13.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Teen smoking, drinking, and drug use. Smoking is portrayed as an indicator of being cool and rebellious.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it