In his newly fashioned torture chamber, psychopathic killer Jigsaw -- barely clinging to life -- orders his new protégé, Amanda, to kidnap a doctor in this third installment of the horror series.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Darren Lynn Bousman
- DVD and Blu-ray
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; making-of featurettes; commentaries; deleted scenes; trailer.
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this horror sequel isn't for kids, though plenty of gore-loving teens will probably want to see it. Like its predecessors, it follows a series of characters trapped in terrible, torturous situations. Characters meet gruesome, bloody ends: suffocation, freezing, being shot through the neck, being pulled apart while attached to hooks and chains, neck and limbs being twisted and broken, and even a head exploding. One character performs graphic brain surgery, and another -- who's emotionally tormented -- cuts her own thigh. Repeated references to a 6-year-old boy who was hit and killed by a drunk driver. A woman appears getting out of bed (post-sex) with a man; another is shown hanging by her arms, completely naked (full frontal). A doctor pops anti-depressants and appears dazed while working on a little boy in the ER. Profanity includes 35+ uses of "f--k."
- Sexual Content
- Kerry appears in the tub (body visible from the shoulders up); brief scene of adulterers in the same bedroom; woman victim hangs by her arms, chained to a freezer ceiling: she's nude, and you see several full-frontal shots (everything is visible).
- Incessant torture, pain, and blood. Torture implements include saws (circular and hack), mechanical devices, hooks, chains, guns, knives, explosives, freezer, a limb/neck-breaking machine; victims are bound and gagged, ripped apart by machines, exploded, sliced, frozen, suffocated by plastic bag, shot, impaled, and nearly drowned in pulverized pig (gloppy, disgusting substance); Amanda cuts herself on her thigh (and in a flashback, you see that she cut herself habitually); a doctor performs brain surgery (graphic, using drill and saw); victims are abruptly grabbed by hooded/masked figure; flashbacks to a little boy on his bike hit by car (still photos); flashback shows Eric (from Saw II) sawing/slamming off his own foot, then attacking Amanda (punching, slamming with board) and calling her names.
- Repeated uses of "f--k" (35+), in addition to other profanity (one use of "c--t," a few instances of "s--t," "damn," and "hell").
- Social Behavior
- Devious death designer Jigsaw (John) preaches against vengance, insisting that he teaches "lessons," but he's a murderer, no matter what he says.
- Not applicable.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Lynn pops anti-depressant pills; in a flashback, Eric calls Amanda a "junkie bitch" (though you don't see instances of her addiction in this installment).
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it