Scary Movie 2
While the original parodied slasher flicks like Scream, Keenen Ivory Wayans' sequel to Scary Movie takes comedic aim at haunted house movies. A group of students visits a mansion called Hell House, and murderous high jinks ensue.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Keenen Ivory Wayans
- DVD and streaming
RStrong sexual and gross humor, graphic language and some drug content
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Scary Movie 2Close
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that SCARY MOVIE 2, the first sequel to Scary Movie, is a send-up of slasher movies, ghost stories, and haunted houses. Exaggerated cartoon violence -- falls, fierce fights, in-your-face scares, blood, monsters and skeletons, burning, gunfire, gross-out wounds -- is continuous, with no serious injuries or deaths. Obscene language and swearing is also non-stop (i.e., "f--k," the "N" word, "s--t"), with jokes and sight gags about racial discrimination, religion, disabilities, ejaculation, rape, penis enhancement, homosexuality, masturbation, and more. There are multiple scenes depicting simulated sex (including oral and anal) -- all with comic intent. Alcohol consumption and drug use are also treated as farce. Not to be left out, vomiting, peeing, farting, and pooping are awarded lots of screen time.
- Sexual Content
- Continuous farcical sexual images, innuendo, and dialogue. Extended simulated sex, including oral sex, masturbation, homosexual and heterosexual foreplay, occurs throughout. Three girls wear sexy bikinis in one scene, and one young woman wears revealing clothing all the time. Young men grope and grab at the women's breasts in several scenes.
- Lots of violence that is never meant to be taken seriously. The hapless teens trapped in the haunted house are attacked by: a ferocious cat, a skeleton, an out-of-control marijuana plant, a cackling ghost, dueling wheelchairs, an invisible rapist, blow-up breasts, furniture and chandeliers, and a disfigured caretaker. Spooky music, slamming doors, fog, screaming, and ghoulishly-leering characters are meant to heighten the phony suspense. Creepy images: a man with the top of his head cut off, a vomit contest, weird protruding nipples, a demon girl in dire need of an exorcism.
- Countless obscenities: "f--k," "s--t," "c--k," "t-ts," "ass," "bitch," "butt," "penis," the "N" word, and more. Characters vomit, fart, pee, and even poop on camera, and the bodily function jokes (including ejaculation) are non-stop. In addition, there is a foul-mouthed cockatoo who constantly comments on the story, an image of large artificial testicles, and a priest who likes to smell young women's underwear.
- Social Behavior
- The messages presented here aren't meant to be positive.
- Caterpillar construction equipment, Cheese Puffs.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drug use, smoking, and drinking are used as comic devices. A young man wears a tee-shirt with "Weed" emblazoned on it, along with small drawings of various plants. A marijuana plant grows so rapidly that it overtakes a part of the house. Characters occasionally smoke cigarettes, drink wine, and some marijuana smoking is implied.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it