Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed
In this live-action adventure, friends Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and their canine buddy Scooby vow to put an end to a menacing scoundrel who plans to turn their town of Coolsville into the complete opposite.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Raja Gosnell
- DVD and streaming
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 Surround, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary; deleted scenes; featurette.
Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters UnleashedClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that the characters are in frequent peril that is intended to be comic, but may be overwhelming for some children. No one is hurt, but the ghosts and monsters are ghoulish looking and some kids may find them more scary than silly. A kick in the crotch is intended as humorous. The movie has some crude potty humor and some mild language ("butt," "screwed up"). There is a particularly annoying product placement for Burger King.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Comic peril that may be too intense for younger viewers. The ghosts and monsters are ghoulish looking, and some kids may find them more scary than silly.
- Mild schoolyard language ("screwed up").
- Social Behavior
- An abundance of potty humor. No diversity in the cast, but there are some strong female characters.
- Product placement for Burger King.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it