Scooby-Doo!: Mask of the Blue Falcon
When vindictive villain Mr. Hyde unleashes bats, howling hounds and zombie slime at the Mega Mondo Pop Cartoon-a-Con event, Shaggy and Scooby-Doo must tap into their inner superheroes to keep the gathering from being smothered in ghoulish green goo!
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Michael Goguen
- This movie is
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English SDHClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; bonus vintage cartoons.
Scooby-Doo!: Mask of the Blue FalconClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Mask of the Blue Falcon is the 19th feature in the long-running Scooby-Doo franchise and features more of the same humor and scares as previous installments. Mr. Hyde, the movie's villain, has a scary hound and releases bats that cause a great deal of destruction, but no character is gravely injured. The Mystery Inc. gang represents how even very different teens can still be good friends and work as a team to defeat criminals.
- Sexual Content
- There are bikini-clad women walking around and swimming at a Hollywood party. A grown-up couple kisses at the end of the movie.
- Mr. Hyde is a frightening character with bats and a hound that can do his destructive bidding. There's a lot of property destruction and scared convention-goers (who scream, run, hide) in the movie. But no one is seriously hurt, and there are definitely no deaths.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- The Mystery Inc. pals always espouse the virtues of teamwork, collaboration, and friendship. They are a diverse group of teens with different personalities and strengths, but they always work together to solve the mysteries and save the day. In this movie, there's also an obvious motto about finding the superhero within yourself, even when you're scared to be brave.
- There aren't any product placements in the movie, but Scooby-Doo has spawned merchandise from apparel and accessories to games and toys.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Nothing identifiable, but there is a scene at a party where grown-ups are holding and drinking out of purple cups.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it