Scooby-Doo and the Goblin King
Everybody's favorite snack-devouring, crime-solving pooch, Scooby-Doo, and his pal Shaggy team with Daphne, Velma and Fred to track down the Amazing Krudsky, a washed-up carny magician who's made off with a fairy princess's special magic. But when the gang of amateur gumshoes journeys to mystical Halloween Land to stop Krudsky from taking the Goblin King's mighty scepter, they run up against a new set of monsters trying to scare them off. Zoinks!
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Joe Sichta
- This movie is
NRDirected to Older Children. This program is designed for children age 7 and above.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English SDH, FrenchClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; featurette: Scooby-Doo You Believe in Magic?: Secrets Behind Magic Tricks.
Scooby-Doo and the Goblin KingClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this Halloween adventure is slightly scarier than the typical Scooby-Doo cartoon. Several spooky characters include a fire-shrouded headless horseman and a devil-esqe goblin, both of whom chase characters. Cartoon violence, while mild, is fairly frequent, but courage is emphasized as characters work together to meet the challenges as they come.
- Sexual Content
- Somewhat scantily clad cartoon pixies, but nothing provocative.
- Dead bodies pop up from graves. Mild cartoon violence including cannons and sword fights. A firey-headed character chases and hacks pumpkins with an axe, however no one gets hurt. Two characters hit each other on the head and argue loudly.
- Some mild, jokey insults exchanged between the bad guys.
- Social Behavior
- Characters practice teamwork and courage to save friends and help others.
- DVD includes coupon for Red Robin. Plus movie trailers for more Scooby-Doo movies; all part of the vast Scooby-Doo empire.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- One tavern scene where characters drink green liquids.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it