In this animated tale, an unlikely friendship forms between Oscar, a small fish whose big aspirations often get him into trouble, and Lenny, a great white shark with a surprising secret: He's a vegetarian.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- This movie is
- 2005 Academy Award®
- Best Animated Feature nominee
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary; outtakes; featurettes.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Shark Tale is a hip-hop/mob computer-animated film filled with all-star voices (Will Smith and Jack Black, among others) and some bright musical numbers. There's some cartoon violence -- sharks act like they're in the mafia (lots of "Fuhgeddaboutit!"), only they chase and eat fish. A fish and a shark have a pretend fight in front of all the other fish, where they throw and spin each other as though they're in a professional wrestling match. In another scene, a shark dies and there's a parody of a mafia funeral. There are dozens of gags and pop-cultural references, and well-known products are parodied in undersea fashion, such as "Coral Cola." There's nothing too off-color, but there's one fish fart joke.
- Sexual Content
- Brief fish makeout sessions.
- Cartoon sharks act like they're in the mafia, fighting and chasing other fish. A fish and a shark have a pretend fight in front of all the other fish, where they throw and spin each other as though they're in a professional wrestling match. In another scene, a shark dies and there's a parody of a mafia funeral.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- It's important to be real with your friends rather than be distracted by the superficialities of glamor and fame.
- Various products are parodied, using fishy takeoffs on their familiar logos: Coca-Cola, Gap, Krispy Kreme, Preparation H, Burger King.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it