Lovely but lonely Mirabelle feels purposeless selling gloves in a world where they're hardly ever worn. But her days are soon enlivened by a rich suitor who showers her with attention. Mirabelle soaks it all up but yearns for more commitment.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Anand Tucker
French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 Surround, Spanish (Neutral): DTS 5.1 Surround, French: DTS 5.1 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; director's commentary; making-of featurette.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that the movie includes several "artfully" rendered sex scenes (filtered light, close-ups of beautiful faces), a couple that are comic (one raunchy, with handcuffs and black lace underwear, another interrupted by a cat), and some sex jokes, visual (a men is spotted masturbating through a telescope) and verbal (concerning "performance" and "anxiety). The film also features repeated conversations about relationships, and there's some discussion of one lover being old enough to be a young woman's father). Characters discuss condoms and fellatio, smoke and drink, and rock band members do drugs and encourage groupies.
- Sexual Content
- Several sex scenes, some delicate and others overtly comic (one features handcuffs); stereotypically busty rock groupies; a brief image of a man masturbating (his hand inside his boxers), and discussion/images of condoms.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Not applicable
- Discussion of commercial marketing of amplifiers; images of Diet Coke, McDonalds, L.A.'s Citywalk and an Imax theater.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking, and some drug use.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it