In retaliation against school bully Bubba, straight-A student Nolan constructs a cyber superhero named Shredderman using a digital camera, a computer and the Internet. Soon, Shredderman captures Bubba's misdeeds and airs them online.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Savage Steve Holland
- This movie is
NRDirected to Older Children. This program is designed for children age 7 and above.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1Subtitles
French, EnglishClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.0Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this made-for-TV movie has tweens using the Web to air their grievances with a bully who plays mean-spirited pranks. On the flip side, the movie features strong adult role models and positive messages about friendship, character, and listening to your conscience when making difficult decisions.
- Sexual Content
- There's an ongoing romantic interest between two characters, but references to it are limited to longing glances. In one scene, a pet guinea pig's pregnancy causes a teen to ponder how it happened.
- A teen bully's pranks on his peers include pushing, pinching, hitting, and sending them down flights of stairs in musical instrument cases, but no one is shown injured. Only one scene involves blood -- a boy is shown with a bloody nose, supposedly from a bully attack.
- Name-calling (like "Byrd Turd") is common.
- Social Behavior
- A bully terrorizes his classmates; they get back at him by posting clips of his misdeeds online. Their frustration is understandable, but the solution smacks of cyberbullying, which is a big real-life problem with kids in the target age group. On the plus side, the most prominent adult character is a teacher who's very in tune with his students, the main character's father tries hard to be involved in his son's life, and his wife breaks gender roles by being the family's tool-laden handywoman. The multicultural cast includes African-American and Hispanic characters.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it