In this knockabout comic sequel to the animated smash hit Shrek, the cuddly ogre and his ladylove, Fiona, return to her homeland to tell her parents the good news about their marriage. But Prince Charming is far from happy about their union.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- DVD and Blu-ray
- 2005 Academy Award®
- Best Music Song nominee
- Best Animated Feature nominee
PGSome crude humor, a brief substance reference and some suggestive content
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, English: DVS - Descriptive Video ServiceOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentaries; surprise ending; technical goofs; featurettes; interactive games and activities.
English, English SDH, French, Portuguese, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: DVS - Descriptive Video ServiceOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has some crude potty humor and some moments of mild peril and tension. The king hires a hit man to get rid of Shrek -- luckily it's a small cat. Shrek and friends steal potions from the scheming fairy godmother. The only casualties are an enchanted character and a couple of fish.
- Sexual Content
- Plenty of innuendo, especially when Donkey and Shrek take the potions and become "sexy." Some ogre kissing, and mermaid kissing. Pinocchio can't lie that he's wearing ladies' underwear.
- Comic violence, no one hurt except a giant gingerbread man.
- Some mild naughty words: "ass," "oh my God," etc.
- Social Behavior
- Shrek learns to accept himself. But movie also includes some crude potty humor.
- Plenty of fake commercialism in the commercial district of Far Far Away: retail shops, a version of Starbucks, and fast food.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Brief drug joke -- but the drug is really catnip.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it