Two men go on an excursion to California wine country and end up inducing joint midlife crises when pinot noir lover Miles convinces engaged Jack to enjoy his last days of bachelorhood in style. But the pair end up choosing women over wine.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Alexander Payne
- This movie is
- DVD and Blu-ray
- 2005 Independent Spirit Awards®
- 2005 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy)
- Best Director (Motion Picture) nominee
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
- Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture nominee
- Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture nominee
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 HD, Spanish (Neutral): DTS 5.1 Surround, French: DTS 5.1 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary; deleted scenes; behind-the-scenes featurette; gag reel; additional featurettes.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie is NOT for kids. It's filled with very mature material, including extremely explicit sexual references and situations (with nudity) and some violence. Characters drink (there is a distinction made between the appreciation of wine as a work of art and drinking to numb feelings or get drunk) and use very strong language.
- Sexual Content
- Extremely explicit and graphic sexual references and situations.
- Comic violence, character injured.
- Very strong language.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Constant drinking, smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it