Mel Funn (Mel Brooks), Marty Eggs (Marty Feldman) and Dom Bell (Dom DeLuise) are aspiring filmmakers with a million-dollar idea that goes completely against the modern grain: They want to make a silent film. To make the movie more marketable, they try to recruit several A-list stars to appear. At the same time, the studio's creditors try to quash the movie. The film itself contains only one word of dialogue.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Mel Brooks, Marty Feldman, Dom DeLuise, Sid Caesar, Harold Gould, Ron Carey, Bernadette Peters, Carol DeLuise, Liam Dunn, Fritz Feld, Chuck McCann, Valerie Curtin, Yvonne Wilder, Harry Ritz, Charlie Callas, Henny Youngman, Burt Reynolds, James Caan, Liza Minnelli, Anne Bancroft, Marcel Marceau, Paul Newman
- Mel Brooks
- 1977 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture nominee
- Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture nominee
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
- Best Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer.
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it