Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
When the Goddess of Chaos frames Sinbad for a theft, he takes to the seas to prove himself innocent -- and he has only 10 days to do it, or else his friend Proteus will meet an unceremonious demise.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
PGAdventure action, some mild sensuality and brief language
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 Surround, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; "Cyclops Island" adventure; making-of featurette; filmmakers' commentary' sneak peeks; Spike featurette; interactive games; production notes; cast and crew information; Easter eggs; DVD-ROM features.
Sinbad: Legend of the Seven SeasClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this animated version of Sinbad contains the expected swashbuckling behavior, but it also contains some iffy content, including mild flirting, sexual innuendo, and even a partially animated bare bottom. Fights against men and monsters are fought with swords, daggers, and occasionally, punches. The threat of execution is also a theme. A martini and wine goblets are visible. Loyalty, friendship, and romance are all themes, and the female characters are very strong.
- Sexual Content
- Some mild flirting and sexual innuendo. A quick reference is made to a brothel. Sirens (mermaids) use their sensuality to lure men towards trouble. Some of the crew go shirtless; in one scene a partially bare bottom is visible.
- The crew fights lots of scary beasts from land, air, and sea. Fantasy sequences include lots of fighting with swords and daggers; people are sometimes punched in the face. A few cast members are in fear of being executed; references are also made to being violently killed. One cast member is bitten by his dog.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- The importance of love, friendship, loyalty, and peace among people are all themes here. Traditional sexist attitudes about women are discussed.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Eris likes the occasional martini. Wine goblets are visible at meals.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it