Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit
Now that nightclub singer Deloris Van Cartier is out of the witness protection program, Mother Superior wants her back in the habit -- this time, to help save an ailing parochial school.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Bill Duke
- This movie is
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
interactive menus, scene access , trailer(s)
Sister Act 2: Back in the HabitClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this sequel is even milder than the first movie with no violence or sexual content and just a few minor swear words. Conflict and intrigue are provided by a conspiracy of four well-meaning but rather dim nuns in their efforts to save a high school. They plot to pass off a Las Vegas singer as a music teacher and member of their religious order. The fraud they commit is thus shown to be "on the side of the angels."
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Not applicable
- Infrequent, mild: "hell," "ass," "crap," "Jesus Christ."
- Social Behavior
- Lots of positive messages about the importance of school and the value of full participation in life. Teens learn lessons about follow-through and commitment. Praiseworthy view of a successfully integrated inner city high school. In a relatively benign way, leading characters lie to their superiors to reach their goals. On two occasions, reckless driving is played for comedic effect.
- One mention of Jenny Craig
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it