Two wholly different universes unfold in writer-director Peter Howitt's romantic fantasy about alternate realities, the reliability of subway schedules and the role fate plays in shaping random lives.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Peter Howitt
- This movie is
- DVD and streaming
- 1999 BAFTA®
- Best British Film nominee
Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; Scene Access; Interactive Menus;
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Sliding Doors is a 1998 fantasy about finding love featuring two parallel stories. By chance, a woman discovers her boyfriend is having an affair at the same time she meets a much nicer guy who's getting divorced. Pregnancy and losing a baby are plot points. Characters drink alcohol to excess and smoke cigarettes. Expect to hear "s--t," "bastard," "blow job," "d--khead," "c--k," "piss," and British slang: "shag," "bollocks," and "bugger."
- Sexual Content
- A woman walks in on her boyfriend having sex with another woman. No nudity is seen. A couple is seen making love in dark shadows. Two adults kiss. A man is bare-chested in the shower. A woman is seen in the shower from the shoulders up. A woman tells strangers she gave someone a blow job.
- A woman is mugged and has a cut on her forehead. A pregnant woman has a car accident and loses her baby. A pregnant woman falls down a flight of stairs and loses her baby.
- Expect to hear "s--t," "bastard," "d--khead," "c--k," "blow job" "piss," and British slang: "shag," "bollocks," and "bugger."
- Social Behavior
- Everything happens for the best. You never know until you try.
- An Audi is seen.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Adults drink lots of beer, wine, and alcohol, at times to extreme drunkenness. Adults smoke cigarettes.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it