In the small burg of Wheelsy, housecats are turning into hellcats and townsfolk are morphing into zombies, prompting Sheriff Bill Pardy and the concerned wife of one of the town's richest citizens to uncover the dark forces at work.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- James Gunn
Widescreen 1.85:1, Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1, Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 Surround, French: DTS 5.1 Surround, Spanish (Neutral): DTS 5.1 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this film features graphic gross-out horror and comedy and violence against animals (a cow, deer, dogs, and cats appear as bloody corpses). Grant becomes increasingly gory and bloody, and his body changes with extreme makeup and prosthetics (eventually, he's expanded so much that he fills a room, absorbing other bodies into his own, including one that shows his naked bottom as he sinks into the fleshy mass). The slugs jump into people's mouths, the people turn into flesh-eating zombies (some of these eating images are very gross). Characters shoot guns and stab at the monster. Characters smoke cigarettes and drink in a bar and a party, and Grant drinks once at home.
- Sexual Content
- The alien "" is built on sexual metaphor (penetrations, convulsions that vaguely resemble climaxes, and lustful comments about marriage and procreation); Starla is designated a sexual object (ogled by her students and men); man rejected in bed by his wife picks up another woman in a bar (they kiss, then he's attacked by the alien); this woman says she wanted to have sex with him back when she was 10 or 11; alien-infected man has "" with a woman, his tentacles emerging from his belly to penetrate her belly (gurgly fluid-pumping sounds); sexual slang ("--k," "---y"); adolescent girl in tub approached by a slug in the water, with camera point of view through her legs.
- Violence is comic and gross-out: alien-infected husband tries to strangle his wife with an elastic-long arm; alien-impregnated woman swells up into a giant ball and explodes, spewing blood-red slugs everywhere; slugs enter human and animal mouths (penetration imagery); infected humans become flesh-eating zombies; humans shoot at slugs and the zombies created by slugs-in-humans; girl uses curling iron to burn slug that attacks her; finale involves wife stabbing her now completely grotesque-big-mass-of-pink-yuckiness husband, his throwing her and other folks against walls, a big explosion of alien goo and blood.
- Lots: at least 30 f-words, repeated s-words, various other profanities ("," damn," ""); sexual slang ("--k," "---y").
- Social Behavior
- No one is a great role model.
- Not applicable.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Mayor smokes cigarettes; characters drink in the karaoke bar; Grant pours himself a drink; Starla holds a glass of wine.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it