So noTORIous: The Complete Series
So what if her dad brought us "Charlie's Angels" and the family home is a modern-day Versailles? Tori Spelling just wants what we all do -- love and respect -- or at least that's the premise of this reality-based sitcom. Playing an exaggerated version of herself, Spelling tries to make it on her own merits in the town her father owned. Loni Anderson co-stars as Spelling's self-absorbed mother in this charmingly self-deprecating comedy.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
TV-PGParental Guidance Suggested. This program contains material that parents may find unsuitable for younger children.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
So noTORIous: The Complete SeriesClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this series is loosely based on the personal and public life of Tori Spelling -- rumors included. The humor is mature and sarcastic, and the dialogue is sexually suggestive. Tori and her peers have typical bored-little-rich-kid syndrome (long lunches, lots of possessions) but they bring it to life and poke fun at it using slapstick humor. Teens might be interested, but the material is adult.
- Sexual Content
- Sexually charged humor; Tori's roommate pretends to be a gay man trying to "break free" by sleeping with a lot of women; commentary on Tori's breasts (and whether they're fake or not); one episode includes scenes set in a sex-toy shop.
- Not applicable
- "Damn," "hell," and the occasional "bitch."
- Social Behavior
- Tori has flashbacks that pinpoint her mom as the root of her problems today; Tori is on the hunt for a man who won't use her for her fame; characters have casual sex; Tori's mother is rich and neurotic; the Spellings' African-American nanny/maid is treated like a second-class citizen by Tori's mom. All derogatory/negative social behavior is intended to be funny.
- Brand names, including Prada and eBay, are mentioned. Tori's parents live in a vast mansion filled with possessions; Tori herself lives in a relatively fancy condo, wears designer clothes, and drives a nice car.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some casual/social drinking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it