Struggling with her personal life, black career woman Kenya agrees to a blind date with a sexy, free-spirited landscape architect. Her new love interest is white, which isn't necessarily a deal-breaker, until she meets a seemingly perfect black man.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Sanaa Hamri
- This movie is
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this romantic comedy takes up a serious theme, the tensions that emerge in interracial dating. It features sexual references and situations, including a couple of gentle kissing scenes and one gently framed sex scene (body parts and faces in close-up). Characters use slang for intercourse and genitalia (e.g., "hoochie," "bone"). At a comedy club, the routine, focused on interracial dating, includes jokes about the DC Sniper and white men being serial killers. Characters drink at parties and at dinner.
- Sexual Content
- Partial nudity, but in very close shots; several sweet kissing scenes; the single sex scene is tasteful; sexual allusions ("pleasuring myself," "magic hoochie," "Can he bone?") and slang for interracial dating ("skiing the slopes," "sleeping with the enemy," "jungle gardening"); rowdy comedy club routine on interracial dating.
- Not applicable
- Some profanity ("hell," s-word) and slang for genitalia and sexual activity.
- Social Behavior
- Not applicable
- USA Today, Starbucks, Verizon, Enyce, Dell laptop.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking at parties and in restaurants.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it