Space Ghost Coast to Coast: Vol. 1
Former 1960s cult superhero Space Ghost (George Lowe) has a new role. Trading in his Phantom Cruiser for a desk, he's the host of a most unusual talk show in this popular Cartoon Network "Adult Swim" series. His superpowers may no longer be needed for crime fighting, but his humor still packs a wallop as he interviews "real" celebrities such as Bobcat Goldthwait, Kevin Meany and Danny Bonaduce.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital MonoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary; music video.
Space Ghost Coast to Coast: Vol. 1Close
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this cartoon -- which was inspired by a much-more-innocent 1970s Hanna-Barbera show -- is meant for a mature audience. It includes edgy jokes about the overweight, people with mental illness, sex, criminal activity, radiation and cancer, drinking and drugs, and a host of other titillating subjects. Episodes often involve violence, such as when a monster attacks the compound and kills most of the crew. Most of the violence is off screen, but descriptions of blood and gore are vivid.
- Sexual Content
- Some references to sex and sexual issues, like virginity.
- Frequent cartoon violence. For example, one episode shows a bird violently attacking a grasshopper.
- Occasional "ass" and some derogatory terms like "sissy" and "cream puff."
- Social Behavior
- Characters are nasty to each other. Violence is used to solve conflict.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Occasional references to alcohol use. Some characters deal with drinking problems.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it