Jane, a 21-year-old slacker, finds $10,000 stashed in a thermos she buys at a garage sale. Unsure what to do with the money, she begins spending time with Sadie, the elderly widow who held the garage sale. Note: this film contains explicit content.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Sean Baker
- DVD, Blu-ray and streaming
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Starlet is an indie drama about a young woman who, after accidental good fortune, befriends an elderly lady. Despite the character's good intentions and a generally positive message of being rewarded for doing the right thing, the movie is set in and around the porn industry, and there are graphic sex scenes, nudity, and strong innuendo, as well as actual porn stars in the cast. Plus, one secondary character is a drug dealer, and many of the main characters smoke pot at some point. Language is also strong, including "f--k," and there's strong arguing.
- Sexual Content
- The main character and some of the secondary characters work in the porn industry. Viewers see a graphic scene of filming, with sex and nudity, both male and female. There are also several scenes of strong innuendo and many other references to the sex business. Two actual porn stars, Asa Akira and Manuel Ferrara, appear in the movie.
- Characters have intense arguments, and, in one scene, a character gets upset and starts knocking objects over, but no one comes to blows.
- Strong language includes many uses of "f--k," "s--t," and other explicit words.
- Social Behavior
- A character is given a complex moral conundrum; she tries to figure out how to do the right thing and finds herself rewarded in ways she never could have imagined.
- Not applicable.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- One of the secondary characters is a drug dealer. Several characters -- in their 20s -- smoke pot during the course of the movie.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it