Straight Out of Brooklyn
A Special Jury Award winner at the Sundance Film Festival, this drama stars a then-19-year-old Matty Rich (who also wrote and directed it). Rich plays Larry, a troubled teen living in the rough Red Hook section of Brooklyn who decides he wants out and turns to crime to fund his escape. But his plan involves scamming the neighborhood's biggest drug kingpin, a heist that's dangerous at best. Co-stars Larry Gilliard Jr. and Mark Malone.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Matty Rich
- 1991 Sundance Film Festival®
- Grand Jury Prize: Drama nominee
- 1992 Independent Spirit Awards®
- Best Supporting Male nominee: George T. Odom
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1, Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital Mono, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital MonoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer.
Straight Out of BrooklynClose
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it