Stuff Happens with Bill Nye
Set in the context of the everyday world, this uplifting and entertaining television series, first shown on the Planet Green channel, centers on all the dangerous things modern humankind is doing to Earth and its ecosystems. Bill Nye ("Bill Nye, the Science Guy") enthusiastically presents information about what happens when we use stuff, where it goes when we are done with it and what affect it all has on the environment.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- This movie is
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Stuff Happens with Bill NyeClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this science-oriented series -- which discusses the impact that our daily consumption choices have on the planet -- features easy-to-follow explanations that are often presented with a sense of humor (as well as some helpful solutions). Buying organic products is strongly encouraged. Tweens interested in science and the environment will be drawn to the series, but sensitive viewers may find themselves a little overwhelmed by the message that even the smallest choices can ultimately have a major negative impact on the earth.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Not applicable
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- In an upbeat, nonthreatening manner, explains how our everyday choices about what we consume can impact the planet. Offers solutions to alleviate some of these problems.
- No specific brands are promoted, but Nye strongly endorses purchasing organic and free-trade products.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Any discussion of alcohol is within the context of how it's produced scientifically.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it