Super Hero Squad Show: Vol. 1
Under the steady leadership of Iron Man, the Super Hero Squad, made up of Wolverine, Hulk, Thor, Silver Surfer and Falcon, fights tooth and nail to thwart Dr. Doom's persistent efforts to collect all the broken pieces of the powerful Infinity Sword. Full of awesome action scenes, this set of cartoon episodes features the voices of Stan Lee, Taye Diggs, Mark Hamill, Kevin Sorbo and Michelle Trachtenberg.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Super Hero Squad Show: Vol. 1Close
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this action-packed, tongue-in-cheek cartoon skewers the traditional image of superhero teams saving the world. The heroes in this show (all drawn from the vast Marvel Comics universe) constantly bicker over who gets to take on the villain, get caught up in petty disputes, and are just as likely to be slimed by a monster's enormous booger as they are to be pounded by its thrashing tail (the fact that they even look more like action figures than human crimefighters makes sense, considering that the series is based on a line of toys). It's a different take on heroism to be sure -- but it may well appeal to kids, since the characters often act like big kids themselves ... with all the potty humor that goes along with that.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Lots of animated fight scenes featuring all kinds of super-powered combat, including fistfights, energy blasts, and some really wild monsters. The sequences in this tongue-in-cheek show are a bit over the top even for a cartoon and are played more for slapstick humor than for excitement.
- No bad words, but plenty of references to bodily functions.
- Social Behavior
- Even though teamwork is the key to fending off monsters and supervillains, the Super Hero Squad is often hamstrung by petty bickering. Lots of potty humor, including jokes about boogers, loogies, snot, and more than a few fart sounds.
- The series is based on a line of action figures, which in turn is based on the popular world created by Marvel Comics. Both the series and the toys feature many of the biggest superhero (and supervillain) names in the Marvel universe.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it