Four bored, occasionally high and always ineffective Vermont state troopers must prove their worth to the governor or lose their jobs. After stumbling on a drug ring, they plan to make a bust, but a rival police force is out to steal the glory.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Jay Chandrasekhar
- DVD and Blu-ray
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; featurette; deleted scenes (with commentary); outtakes; extended scenes; alternate ending.
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 HD, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary; audio commentary; outtakes; extended scenes; additional featurette.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that not only does this movie show authority figures using drugs and alcohol, but they condone underage drinking and drug use. Police officers do beer bong hits in the final scene with the teens they are supposed to be arresting. Sexual content includes the depiction of masturbation, bestiality, and implied group sex, along with some naked breasts and a brief moment of full frontal male nudity. Bad language is pretty frequent.
- Sexual Content
- Various sexual situations, implying group sex and sex with animals. A cartoon logo of a monkey having sex is featured. Police officers take sexual bribes from a woman and her husband. Breasts are shown, and a male cop is shown frontally nude for a moment.
- Cops and highway patrolmen brawl constantly -- throwing punches and giving bloody noses. Guns are used in comedic situations. A Taser is used. A dead woman is found face-down in a bowl of pig food.
- Frequent use of language including "f--k," "motherf----r," "s--t," "ass," "sucks," "d--k," "p---y, "bulls--t," and more.
- Social Behavior
- Though not a moment is meant to be taken seriously, constant lewd and questionable adult behavior leaves a negative impression of the serve-and-protect professions.
- Porsche, Mack truck, Cartoon Network, Levi Strauss are all mentioned.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- The first scene shows teens in a car smoking a joint, then, as the highway patrol approaches, one teen passenger consumes two bags of pot and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms to hide the evidence. Lots of heavy drinking -- most notably in the final scenes, in which even the boss of the highway patrol crew gets so drunk that he nearly passes out. Highway patrol officers drink hard liquor and beer while driving. A teen says "I love acid!"
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it