America is at the beck and call of the Middle East when it comes to the oil industry, and all its players -- Washington, sheiks, oil companies, field workers -- intersect with each other in this political thriller.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Stephen Gaghan
- DVD and Blu-ray
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; making-of featurettes.
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.40:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie isn't for kids as the plot and themes are too complex and mature. Parents should know it includes several disturbing scenes, including the accidental electrocution/drowning of a young boy in a swimming pool (including the mother's distress); a torture scene in which a character's fingernails are pulled out; and a CIA missile strike against a car convoy (explosion and aftermath featuring bloody, burning bodies). The film focuses in part on a CIA agent who orchestrates assassinations; U.S. oil company executives and lawyers also conspire to arrange violence; and a young Pakistani becomes a suicide bomber (last pictured as he heads toward a U.S. ship). Characters curse, drink, and smoke.
- Sexual Content
- Some women wear skimpy clothing.
- Plot involves CIA assassinations; images include torture; accidental death of young boy, explosions, and suicide bombing.
- Some profanity.
- Social Behavior
- International espionage and assassination; cheating, lying, and little in the way of " learned."
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Characters drink socially and smoke.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it