Ta Ra Rum Pum
In this comedy, top race car driver Avi suffers a career-ending accident. Nearly destitute, Avi and his wife try to protect their children from the brutal truth, telling them that they have to pretend to be poor to win a huge prize on a reality show.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Siddharth Anand Kumar
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
Hindi: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Ta Ra Rum PumClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this family-friendly Bollywood film does address some adult problems, including unemployment and poverty. But it does so with a light touch that probably won't be too distressing to kids. The movie's lessons are simplistic but useful, and though there's some swearing, concerns for young viewers are overridden by how much fun it all is.
- Sexual Content
- This is a typical Bollywood romance, with lots of flirtation and little else -- not even kissing.
- Some fiery race-car accidents, near fistfights, and yelling.
- Some use of "s--t" and "damn."
- Social Behavior
- Nothing too objectionable (unless you count corny romance). Some lying and deliberate sabotage on the race track.
- The symbols of the good life: Flashy purses, fancy cars (Mercedes), a Tiffany ring.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some drinking in a restaurant and at parties.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it