Student cadet Brian Moreland leads his fellow military classmates in an armed revolt to prevent authorities from turning their school into condominiums. But the young men soon discover that playing soldier has serious consequences.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Harold Becker
- This movie is
- DVD and streaming
- 1982 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
PGAdult content, adult language, brief nudity and violence
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, English: Dolby Digital MonoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that several of the main characters are killed in this film, mostly by shooting. One character catches on fire. The students of Bunker Hill Academy get into a fistfight with local kids who gay-bait them, calling them "queers," "fag," and "faggot." The film's graphic violence may be too much for sensitive or younger viewers. Brian's father hits him. Brian leads his peers into a siege and battle with adults, doing what he thinks is right, but with fatal consequences.
- Sexual Content
- Some brief hand-holding at a dance, but that's it.
- Some blood, a few fist fights, and several firefights.
- Lots of swearing (including "s--t" and "ass"), as well as gay-baiting slurs.
- Social Behavior
- Brian follows his conscience, but his actions lead to his friends' deaths.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- General Bache shares a drink with his underage proteges and talks about smoking cigars despite his doctor's warnings.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it