Tenacious D in: The Pick of Destiny
Dreaming of becoming a rock god, Midwesterner JB heads to California, where he crosses paths with idler KG -- giving rise to the musical duo Tenacious D. Together, the would-be rock icons set out to prove they're the greatest band in history.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Liam Lynch
- DVD and streaming
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: DTS 6.1 Surround Sound, English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; music video; trailer; deleted scenes; making-of featurette.
Tenacious D in: The Pick of DestinyClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that despite star Jack Black's huge popularity with kids, this raucous, profane comedy is for very mature teens and adults only (as those familiar with Black's cult band, Tenacious D, will already know). It absolutely earns its R rating for pervasive language, sexual content, and drug use. There are pot, bongs, and mushrooms; the characters show a particular fondness for the word "c--k"; crude humor centers on flatulence and other bodily functions; and the ample sexual content includes a graphic depiction of the skill that doing "c--k push-ups" develops.
- Sexual Content
- Graphic depiction of the skill that doing gential push-ups develops. Sexual references throughout, including lyrics such as "gargling mayonnaise" (they're not really talking about mayonnaise).
- Characters have a run-in with a gang, a character gets martial arts training, wild car chase.
- "C--k" (constantly), "f--k," "s--t," "ass," etc. Frequent and explicit.
- Social Behavior
- Slacker behavior is glorified. A character raised in a conservative home gets into drugs, sex, and rock-n-roll. Characters break into a museum to steal a music icon. Musical showdown with the devil. Plenty of crude humor. All in all, the movie is aimed at an adult Beavis and Butt-head crowd -- if there's any message, it's to be true to yourself and not let people stand in your way.
- Guitars, beer.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Pot, bongs, mushrooms, and other drugs throughout. There's a hallucinagenic sequence after eating organic mushrooms.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it