The Abbott & Costello Show
"The Abbott and Costello Show" is timeless American humor, as fresh today as it was 40 years ago. Get the laughs going with one of the greatest comedy teams of all time, Bud Abbott and Lou Costello, in this collection of episodes from their classic 1952-1953 TV series. The duo's creativity and universal sense of humor and timing have kept audiences laughing long after their performances ceased.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
The Abbott & Costello ShowClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that The Abbott and Costello Show is a classic comedy series full of running jokes, slapstick humor, and mild insults, all offered within a humorous and lighthearted context. There's lots of physical comedy, too, including obviously fake slapping and punching, and lots of throwing of food and other items. Characters sometimes smoke cigars, flirt, and occasionally kiss awkwardly. Not every kid will find the humor in this classic, and some might want to copy the more physical aspects of the routines.
- Sexual Content
- Contains some mild flirting, references to necking, and the occasional kiss. But these moments are more awkward than sexy.
- Gags incorporate lots of physical slapstick, ranging from grabbing, shoving, and punching to throwing ice cream into people's faces. These events are designed to be more humorous than violent.
- Words like "jerk" and "dope" are common.
- Social Behavior
- Occasional sexist comments about women and other generalizations that were considered acceptable at the time.
- Drinks like Coca-Cola are featured.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Characters sometimes smoke cigars.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it