The Amazing Screw-On Head
Based on the prize-winning comic book by Hellboy creator Mike Mignola, this warped animated adventure follows the exploits of President Abe Lincoln's top spy: the bodiless crime-fighting genius Screw-On Head. In a delightfully bizarre plot, Screw-On Head must thwart the villainous Emperor Zombie, who's stolen an ancient text that could help him conquer the world. Paul Giamatti, David Hyde Pierce and Molly Shannon lend their voices.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Chris Prynoski
- This movie is
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
The Amazing Screw-On HeadClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that the title character in this animated sci-fi series is indeed nothing but a head. Leaving aside the fact that it's rather improbable that a mechanical head would prove a successful super spy (this is science fiction, after all), it's more than a little odd to see Screw-On Head in action. The show also dabbles in black magic, vampires, and demons, which might be scary for young children.
- Sexual Content
- A few animated erotic images.
- A fair amount of combat, including guns, knives, fists, explosives, and even giant robots and demons.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Screw-On Head serves as a loyal agent of President Lincoln and is aided by his own fiercely dedicated manservant in his ongoing battle against the notorious Emperor Zombie and his undead minions. As such, the show plays out as a basic campaign between good and evil, with good trying to outweigh the devious forces of evil.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some smoking and drinking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it