The Ant Bully
Fed up with being targeted by the neighborhood bully, 10-year-old Lucas Nickle (voiced by Zach Tyler) vents his frustrations on the anthill in his front yard ... until the insects shrink him to the size of a bug with a magic elixir. Convicted of "crimes against the colony," Lucas can only regain his freedom by living with the ants and learning their ways. This animated film's all-star voice cast includes Nicolas Cage and Julia Roberts.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- John A. Davis
- DVD, Blu-ray and streaming
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; making-of featurette.
English SDH, English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
French: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
The Ant BullyClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that some scenes might be a little scary for very young kids ¿- in particular, menacing spiders, frogs, wasps, flyswatters, and bullies try to wipe out entire civilizations (the ants). Also, Lucas is in constant danger after being shrunk down to ant size. There's some name-calling, mild profanities (such as "butt"), and bodily function jokes.
- Sexual Content
- Mild. The exterminator's private parts are attacked by bugs.
- Some intense scenes involving menacing spiders, frogs, wasps, flyswatters, bullies, and the exterminator. Lucas is eaten, then spit out by a frog. After being shrunk down, he's in constant danger from the regular-sized humans. The ants threaten to dissect and study him.
- Some name-calling, such as "Hey, Pukas!" Mild profanities, including "butt".
- Social Behavior
- Characters bully others, take revenge, think only of themselves, and fail to see the "big picture" around them. However, the characters also learn important lessons about compassion, teamwork, and loyalty. Some burping and other bodily function jokes.
- Mild, including jelly beans, potato chips, gossip mags, and other household and grocery store items.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- A "magic potion" is used to shrink Lucas. The exterminator smokes a cigar.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it