The Best of Ripley's Believe It or Not
Actor Dean Cain hosts this collection of astonishing moments from the popular television series, which profiles some of the most incredible stunts ever performed by human or animal, along with some highly unusual phenomena. Get an up-close look at the Lizard Man, witness a skateboarding canine named Nugget, check out an airline with lingerie-clad flight attendants and watch in awe as a man snorts an impressive variety of condiments up his nose.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Dean Cain
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, French, Spanish (Neutral), Portuguese, KoreanClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
The Best of Ripley's Believe It or NotClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that the feats performed on this show can be bizarre and grotesque and sometimes involve pain. Such acts are presented in graphic detail using dramatic music and camera angles and can be very difficult for anyone to watch, including adults, which makes it a poor choice for younger or squeamish kids. That said, not all acts involve self-inflicted pain -- some are actually inspirational or funny, and many showcase the amount of hard work it takes to reach a goal. If young viewers are curious about the bizarre accomplishments featured here, be aware of what they're watching and emphasize that nothing they see should be replicated at home.
- Sexual Content
- A few acts include partial nudity -- menus written on the backs of naked waiters/waitresses, bikini trading cards, etc.
- Some acts involve self-inflicted pain.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Striving to reach a goal -- or looking for 15 minutes of fame?
- The name "Ripley" is widely recognized and will trigger interest in attending the related museums.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it