The Bugs Bunny Road Runner Movie
This feature-length compilation of some of illustrator Chuck Jones's most memorable cartoons starring Bugs Bunny and the Road Runner blends 11 hilarious shorts with an array of clips culled from classic moments.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- This movie is
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital Mono, French: Dolby Digital Mono, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital MonoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
The Bugs Bunny Road Runner MovieClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie includes some of the greatest cartoons of all time. Comic animation is matched with unusually literate dialogue. Scored by the great Carl Stalling. One segment features Bugs and Elmer Fudd in a spoof of Richard Wagner's Ring of the Nibelung opera cycle, exposing kids to the potential joys of classical music. Grade-school kids will enjoy the adventures of these popular characters, but some parents may find aspects of the humor questionable, such as the over-the-top violence and some character's greediness and mean-spiritedness. Preteens will get a kick out of this feature compilation. Teens will get a similar kick, and adults will feel warmly nostalgic.
- Sexual Content
- Bugs dresses as a sexy woman to get the drop on Elmer Fudd in two cartoons. There's one Pepe Le Pew cartoon in which the skunk doggedly pursues a female cat, even when it's clear she wants nothing to do with him.
- Warner Bros. cartoons and violence go together like bacon and eggs. Characters are shot, blown up, dropped off cliffs -- but all live to be abused another day. The movie contains an infamous gag involving the rearrangement of Daffy's beak after he's blasted in the face with a shotgun.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- The movie gives us Daffy at his most greedy and egotistical. He attempts to get Bugs killed by Elmer in one segment, and tries to steal Arabian treasure in another.
- This is part of the Warner Bro. cartoon juggernaut that includes videost-shirts, backpacks, and dolls, among others.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it