The Butterfly Effect
If you could go back in time and undo a horrible childhood, would you? This thriller poses that complex question when college student Evan Treborn, who's besieged by tragic memories, discovers a way to alter his past. But will it make a difference?
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- This movie is
- DVD and Blu-ray
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary; deleted scenes; featurettes; storyboards; trailer.
English SDH, German, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary; deleted scenes.
The Butterfly EffectClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has extreme graphic violence. Characters are severely wounded and killed, including children. A character commits suicide and an animal is tortured and killed. Children are also molested (off-camera) and there are references to prison rape. The movie includes nudity and very explicit sexual references and situations, including bondage gear, prostitution, and references to multiple orgasms. Characters smoke (including children), drink, and use drugs (bong shown, character is an addict, cocaine mentioned). Characters use very strong language, including hate speech.
- Sexual Content
- Nudity, explicit and graphic sexual references and situations including child molestation, prison rape
- Graphic violence, characters severely wounded and killed, suicide, animal torture, child molestation Characters are severely wounded and killed, including children. A character commits suicide and an animal is tortured and killed. Children are also moles
- Very strong language including hate speech
- Social Behavior
- Not applicable.
- Not applicable.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- A lot of smoking, drinking, drug use
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it