The Cheetah Girls 2
Director Kenny Ortega (High School Musical) helms this Disney Channel original movie following teen singing sensations Galleria (Raven), Chanel (Adrienne Bailon), Aqua (Kiely Williams) and Dorinda (Sabrina Bryan) on an all-new pop-laden adventure. This time, the Cheetah Girls persuade their manager (Lynn Whitfield) to take them to Spain, where they compete in a music festival against a talented international rival (Mexican singing star Belinda).
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Kenny Ortega
- DVD and streaming
TV-GGeneral Audience. Most parents would find this program suitable for all ages.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; music video; sing-a-long version of the movie.
The Cheetah Girls 2Close
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie -- a sequel to the immensely popular The Cheetah Girls -- is more mature and much less hyper than the original. The characters have aged, and their flair for drama has taken a backseat to introspective decision making and goal setting, making them more realistic (and positive) role models. The girls face dilemmas about exploring new relationships (including a boy/girl one) without hurting existing friendships and striving for their own dreams while still contributing to a team effort. Parents play an integral role in guiding the girls over the bumpy road of adolescence.
- Sexual Content
- A few mild kissing scenes and some flirtatious exchanges.
- Not applicable
- Occasional uses of "Oh, my God," but nothing stronger.
- Social Behavior
- The girls are good role models who cherish their racial diversity, value education, promote independence, and make thoughtful decisions. Their friendship is based on honesty and mutual respect. Parents have close relationships with their daughters and help them through emotionally difficult times.
- Wardrobes are very trendy, and the show's musical bent could be seen as a commercial for the accompanying soundtrack.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it