The Condemned 2
When bounty hunter Will Tanner fails to bring in his target -- the head of a gambling ring -- he becomes the target in a deadly hunting game in which high-rollers bet on which contestants will survive. Joining Will on his team is his dad.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Roel Reiné
- DVD and Blu-ray
RRestricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
The Condemned 2Close
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that The Condemned 2 is technically a sequel to 2007's The Condemned, even though they have very little to do with each other aside from dealing with illegal gambling rings (the kind that gamble on human beings). Expect many scenes of rich people passing money around and laughing and shouting while they watch others on video screens get shot. Violence is strong: Many characters are killed (via shooting, stabbing, and explosions), with blood shown, as well as knives and guns. One gruesome scene has a "game" in which spectators bet on which of two homeless men -- both hooked up to IV tubes -- will die first. Language includes multiple uses of "f--k" and "s--t." Characters drink beer in social or background ways, and in one scene, two women are clearly ogled and objectified.
- Sexual Content
- Women in shorts are ogled and objectified.
- Strong, constant comic-book-style violence. Heavy fighting, shooting, and stabbing, with explosions and death. Knife fight. Fire extinguisher bashing. Neck snapping. Blood splatters and bloody wounds. Disturbing contest in which two homeless men are given drugs, and spectators bet on who will die first.
- Strong language includes several uses of "f--k" and "s--t," plus "bitch," "a--hole," "bastard," "ass," "damn," "balls," "piss," and "goddamn," plus "Jesus" and "God" (as exclamations).
- Social Behavior
- The movie is mainly about fighting, shooting, and blowing things up; there are no consequences for violent actions, except for the opening sequence, in which a character is arrested for unintentionally killing someone. But he movie does frown on those who gamble on other humans' lives.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Background/social drinking, beer.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it