The Cotton Club
Richard Gere plays his own cornet solos in Francis Ford Coppola's story of a jazz musician at the titular 1930s legendary nightclub. When Dixie Dwyer (Gere) saves the life of mobster Dutch Schultz (James Remar), he finds he must fight for his own life when he falls for the psychotic gangster's moll. Coppola and his Godfather co-writers Mario Puzo and William Kennedy combine musical performances with a classic mobster story.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Francis Ford Coppola
- 1985 Razzie® Awards
- Worst Supporting Actress nominee: Diane Lane
- 1985 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Best Director (Motion Picture) nominee
- 1985 Academy Award®
- Best Art Direction nominee
- Best Film Editing nominee
RRestricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital MonoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; trailer
The Cotton ClubClose
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it